Casino bonuses and promotions are great on paper. These are incentives awarded to players who sign up for an account, deposit, and play on the casino. And some casinos go the extra mile by offering free spins to play certain slot games, bigger deposit match percentage, and exciting campaigns. For example, signing up for an account with Slothino instantly rewards you with a Slothino bonus. However, all of these offers are subject to the standard terms and conditions.
As a responsible casino player, you should learn how to read the site’s Terms and Conditions and clarify specific guidelines. Here’s a brief guide on the important terms to check and reasons why it always pays to read the fine print.
What to Check in the Terms and Conditions
As part of regulatory requirements, casinos are required to post these documents. These are long, filled with information with many complex terms and jargon designed to comply with the laws. Often, a large part of the document pertains to the fair use of bonuses and promotions. But there’s no need to memorize and master all items indicated on the document. All you need to do is to focus only on the most important sections that are directly linked to the use of your bonus. So, if you have signed up for a Slothino bonus, here’s a simplified take on most important terms to review:
- Bonus percentage and minimum deposit requirement. Most welcome bonuses will double your initial deposit up to a certain amount, for example up to €200. Watch out for the minimum deposit requirement since it’s a primary requirement for bonus eligibility.
- Bonus expiration. Bonuses aren’t forever. They are only available for a specific period, say 1 week or 30 days. As a player, you want to maximize the Slothino bonus potential and use it within the specified time frame.
- Wagering requirements. Also called the ‘playthrough requirement’, wagering requirement spells out the number of times you need to wager the bonus before a withdrawal can be approved. The requirement ranges from a low x15 up to x60 in some online casinos. If you collect a €10 bonus in a casino with a x15 playthrough, it means you should wager €150 first before you’re authorized to withdraw your winnings. The key here is to find a low playthrough, and you can expect that with Slothino bonus.
Why You Should Always Read the Terms and Conditions
So, why should you read the Terms and Conditions and clarify some of the rules?
Games included and excluded from bonus
Well, by reading the document, you can better appreciate the Slothino bonus and maximize its potential. You’ll be properly guided on where to play the free spins, the number of times you need to wager the bonus, and its playthrough requirement. Not all games contribute the same way to the completion of the playthrough. Usually, online slots contribute 100% to the completion of the playthrough while table games or live dealer games contribute only a fraction or none at all.
Also, the T&C spells out conditions that are normally not advertised boldly on the homepage. For example, players from certain countries are excluded from the bonus and bonuses are playable only on certain games. The policy to exclude certain countries is part of the casino’s licensing requirements. Bonuses, particularly free spins, are often applicable only on qualifying slot games. This is particularly true for new customer bonuses bundled with free spins. In reading the terms, you will also learn more about the minimum and maximum bet you can play.
One account per household and IP
Moreover, understanding the terms can help avoid future problems and issues. For example, most player complaints toward the casino are related to withdrawal. Some players report that their withdrawal requests take a long time to get approved or worse, the request was not approved. There are several reasons for this. For one, it can be related to the industry’s policy of one account per person in every household. So, it’s important to check that email, IP address and postal address have not been used for registering an account. Also, it can be related to the playthrough requirement. There’s a chance that this requirement is not yet completed.
These problems stem from the player’s failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions. Before you sign up for a bonus or request a withdrawal, always read the fine print or ask Customer Support.
Frequently asked questions
The T&C is an important document that spells out the operator’s policy on the fair use of its products and services, including the bonuses and promotions.
The T&C document is long and filled with legal terms. However, you can focus on important terms like wagering requirements, deposit match percentage, and validity period.
If you don’t read the document or understand its most important terms, you may not completely enjoy the site’s bonuses and promotions or worse, you’ll encounter problems withdrawing your funds.
Terms and conditions checklist
For your convenience. We have summed up the above in below checklist. Make sure you check all below points before you claim you bonus!
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to prevent online casino bonus issues – checklist
- Play only at online casinos with a trusted license and a good reputation
Check online casino reviews
- Check if you country is excluded from bonus
Check terms and conditions
- Check if your preferred payment method is excluded
Check terms and conditions
- Make sure you are the only player with an account in your household and your IP
Check with your household members and customer service.
- Check max wager and excluded games.
- Check when the bonus expires and make sure you place sufficient wagers before the end date
- If you have any doubts, contact customer support